If you are planning to buy a quality pressure cooker, then stop your hunt and read the following guide. The pressure cooker is not only a necessity but a commodity for every Indian household.
A pressure cooker will help you save gas bills as it does not take a long time to cook the dish once it’s started. Having said that, there are many brands of pressure cookers available in India and most of them come with a variety of features, the material makes, and other factors.
The pressure cooker is one of the most important things in every kitchen. Making food in it will save your time and energy which you can spend on more important things. But with so many pressure cookers in this world, how do you know which one to get? Well, finding the right one is not that easy.
I am sure you are looking to buy a pressure cooker but are confused with the variety of pressure cookers available in the market. You are probably more confused about how to get an authentic, high-quality product at one-third of the price available online.
What are the different types of pressure cookers?
There are two types: the traditional cooker and the slow cooker. We will be focusing on conventional models in this guide because they are the most popular and best-selling models on the market.
The type of pan you choose will depend on what you want to cook in it. It is crucial to be aware of the product’s safety, capacity, material, and panel. These factors can all make a big difference between models.
Conventional Pressure Cooker
This model of the pressure cooker is one of the most sought-after on the market. This product currently has many safety standards to protect users from any kind of accident. This model can be operated by fire, and can also be used in a wood or gas stove.
The pressure indicator is a pin that lifts to release steam when the pressure in the pan is increased. During the cooking process, the temperature and time of your pan must be controlled directly. Temperature levels cannot be measured using any technology. It is therefore important to watch the operation of your pan while cooking.
Each pan comes with its own safety device to ensure safety when using a utensil. The release valve is one of the most important devices. Some pans will only pick up pressure if they are well fitted.
A conventional pressure cooker has the advantage of being less expensive than an electric cooker, and it is easier to use. The conventional pressure cooker is also very durable.
Electric or traditional pressure cooker
While the Electric Pressure Cooker has a series of intelligent features such as timers and temperature regulation that optimize time and facilitate its handling.
The traditional pan, in turn, has more varied sizes according to each need, in addition to being able to offer greater savings in resources depending on the heat source used.
Therefore, the choice between one will depend exclusively on the consumer’s needs and priorities.
Pressure Cooker Buying Guide
You need to be aware of the below pointer before buying a pressure cooker.
1. Pot Material
There are three types:
- Aluminum: These are the most popular. AffordableThere are many models available on the market but they may be more susceptible to deformation.
- Stainless steel is a strong pressure cooker model that will not react to any compound.
- The triple bottom third well-known material is the triple bottom. It has two layers of stainless steel and one layer of aluminum, providing better heat distribution.
2. Not Stick Pressure Cooker
These days apart from materials listed above such as Aluminium, Stainless steel, or even Hard anodized from likes of Futura and even from brands like Prestige.
Hard Anodization is the process of treating metal, which makes them less reactive with the juices and acids in various foods. Consider models with a nonstick coating to prevent food from sticking to the pan.
3. Capacity of Pressure Cooker
This is directly dependent on the food you plan to cook and how much you put in the pressure cooker. The capacity of the pans is 4-10 liters. Prices vary depending on the material used and the product’s weight.
A key tip for pressure cookers is to use 2/3 of their capacity. This directly impacts the efficiency and safety of the cooker.
4. Pot Base
Always inspect the pressure cooker’s bottom to ensure that stainless steel is on the base. If the seal says 18/10, it means the pan has 18% chrome and 10 percent nickel. This directly affects the quality of your pan. This seal increases the durability of pans.
This pattern also gives products more sparkle, which adds refinement to your environment.
5. Additional Accessories and Warranty
Make sure to check the warranty on your pan. Most models offer a 6-to-12 month warranty. Even though a pot can last for many years it is still important to have the security seal as a guarantee in case of any problems. Extra accessories, such as spare rubber or spare pins, are available on some models.
These are the key features you should consider before making your decision. These tips will make it easier for you to select the right pressure cooker for your family.
Below, you can find all the information about the most popular cookware models available.
Best Pressure Cooker in India-Review
Let’s now discuss the various models and how they compare. Remember that your attention and care are not enough to make the right choice. So, pay particular attention to safety requirements and capacity.
Consider how much you will cook and choose the right plan for you. People are often afraid to purchase a pressure cooker because of the possibility of an explosion. However, it is important that we emphasize the fact that modern cookers have virtually no risk of explosion.
1. Hawkins Stainless Steel Contura Induction Compatible Pressure Cooker (SSC30)
- Ideal for 3 or 4 Persons
- 100% stainless steel body and lid
- 6.6 mm thick sandwich bottom heats evenly
- Base stays flat, will not bulge - Cooks quickly and evenly
- Curved body for easy stirring
2. Futura Hard Anodised Induction Compatible Pressure Cooker
- Hard anodised body and lid : non-reactive with food; will not tarnish, stays looking new for years
- Induction models available in 2 Litre, 3 Litre, 4 Litre, 5 Litre, 6 Litre
- Super-fast – 46 percent faster than a microwave oven; Fingertip steam release
- Package Contents: 1 - Pressure Cooker Lid, 1 - Rubber Gasket, 1 - Vent Weight, 1 - Guarantee Card, 1 - Cookbook, 1 - Cleaning Brush, 1 - Service Centre Directory, 1 - Cooker Body, 1 - Grid
- Warranty: 5 years on product
3. Prestige Deluxe Duo Plus Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Materia type: Hard Anodised; Base type: Induction base; Capacity: 2 L; Lid type: Outer Lid; Base thickness (in mm): 3.5 mm; Weight: 1.12 kg; Colour Black;
- Warranty: 5 years
- For any issues, contact_us on: [1800-123-334548]
- BASE: Prestige Deluxe Duo+ HA base is Stainless steel perforated (holes) plate, machine pressed to Aluminium cooker base. Apart from being compatible with induction cooktops, the unique base ensures even heat distribution without heat spots.
- BODY: It is an outer lid pressure cooker made from virgin aluminium which is hard anodised for aesthetic looks and long lasting durability. The Handi shape of the body makes it ideal for cooking variety of Indian cuisines. It comes with a stainless steel outer lid which look aesthetic and is more durable.
4. Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker (HC35)
- Ideal for 4 or 5 Persons
- Curved body for easy stirring
- Better visibility of food
- Easier removal of food
- Inside-fitting safety lid − will not open until pressure falls
5. Pigeon Hard Anodised Aluminium Inner Lid Cooker
- Made from High Grade Vargin Aluminium Conforming to IS 21:1992
- Ergonomic User Friendly handle
- Sturdy Hard Anodised Body
- Precision Weight Valve
6. Butterfly Cordial Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Ergonomically designed, made through food grade virgin aluminium for better hygiene and long life
- Aesthetically designed handle, easy grip and stay cool handle, lock arrangement in handles ensure uni-directional rotation ; Lighter and easy to handle ; High safety standards ; With Induction Bottom ; Other Body and Design Features: Cylindrical ; Lid Locking Mechanism: LID PUSH
- Precisely designed weight set to regulate cooking steam pressure
- Specially formulated food grade rubber with longer life, does not impart colour, taste or odour to the food
- Suitable for induction stove and LPG stove
7. Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Metallic safety plug and gasket release system for peace of mind
- Amount of Rice Cooked :300 grams , Ideal for 3-4 members , Content: Prestige Popular Pressure Cooker 3 L ; Comfortable Handles ; Type of Lid: Outer Lid
- Comfortable handles for easy grip
- Made from high-quality virgin aluminium, Shape - Straight Wall
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit, Gas Compatible pressure cooker with Anti-Bulge Base and Precision Weight Value.Lid Locking Mechanism : Knob Lock System
8. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Outer Lid Pressure Cooker
No products found.
9. Hawkins Classic Pressure Cooker
- Ideal for 4 to 6 Persons
- Made from pure virgin aluminium, exterior mirror polished
- Base thickness 3.25 to 4.06 mm
- Super-fast cooking
- Improved pressure regulator − saves more fuel
Best Pressure Cooker brand in India
There are good traditional brands that offer quality products in the Pressure Cooker market.
However, the popular brands that stand out the most in investing smart features and extra functions for safety and usability in our selection are Hawkins, Prestige, Butterfly, and Pigeon.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pressure Cooker
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API