Looking for the best sewing machine recommendation? This article will help you make the best buy decision on the current best sewing machines available online in India.
There are many times when you have to sew at home. Either you have to modify clothes, some stitches for yourself or for your family members or there is a need to create new outfits. For this, you should have the right tools and know which tools can make sewing easier and better. A quality sewing machine can help you adjust fabrics, sew clothes, or create new pieces.
This article will help you find the best sewing machine. We have the right device for you, no matter what your goal. Follow the steps to find the right template for you.
What is a Home Sewing Machine?
Home sewing machines are designed in such a way that one person can sew individual fabrics while using only one type of stitch. On a modern sewing machine, the fabric easily slides in and out of the machine without the hassle of needles and thimbles and other tools used in manual sewing, automating the sewing process and saving time.
Before we go into details of the best Sewing machine available in India, here is a quick list based on our research.
List of Best Sewing Machines in India
First, let me share some history about a sewing machine!
Sewing machines were invented during the first Industrial Revolution to decrease the amount of manual sewing work done in garment companies. Since the invention of the first working sewing machine, generally regarded as the work of the Englishman Thomas Saint in 1790, the sewing machine has vastly improved the efficiency and productivity of the garment industry.
How to use a sewing machine- Step by Step guide
Using a sewing machine has its little complexity, and when you see it for the first time it stares at you and you stare at it, and you wonder: How can I sew with this thing? Where do I put the thread? How is it turned on? How do I put the thread below? How do I make the top thread catch with the bottom one? We will cover all of these in step by step process.
Prepare Your Sewing Machine
Follow these steps one at a time, before you start your first sewing with any new sewing machine
- Place the machine on a table, desk, counter, or front sewing cabinet. to you that is resistant.
- Roll up and insert the coil.
- Thread the sewing machine.
- Pull out both threads.
- Plug in the machine and turn it on.
Starting the Sewing Process
- Choose a straight stitch and a medium stitch length.
- Practice on a few pieces of cloth.
- Align the fabric under the needle.
- Bring the presser foot closer to the fabric.
- Hold the loose ends of both strands.
- Press the pedal.
- Find the reverse button or lever and give it a try.
- Use the wheel to move the needle to its highest position.
- Cut the thread.
- Practice sewing a seam.
- Move to another part of the fabric.
- Learn how to sew a closed corner.
- Try a simple project.
Best Sewing Machine in India 2022-Review
1. Singer 4423 HEAVY DUTY Electric Sewing Machine-Review
This is one of the best sewing machines in India. This quality sewing machine from Singer is an absolute giant when it comes to performing continuously for an extended period. It has an extremely durable metal frame, as well as a strong motor inbuilt the Singer 4423 machine has been made to complete a project in a shorter time.
It comes with a quality foot paddle, that is adjustable and helps you sew lightweight sheers. Additionally, the bedplate made of stainless steel allows fabrics to glide over the machine effortlessly.
The machine has a top velocity of 1100 SPM and includes 23 different stitching functions that provide consistent results each time. Other features that are convenient include the needle threader that is automatic and top drop-in bobbin fully automated 1-step buttonhole and drop feed for free-motion stitching that adds a whole new dimension to stitching.
- It is easy to replace the presser feet
- A lot of stitches are available on the knob
- The free arm makes circular stitching simpler
- Automated sewing system that has high speed of stitching
- Heavy-duty frame made of metal
- Not so great after-sales service
2. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
The Usha Janome Dream Stitch is pocket-friendly, compact, and easy to use thanks to its user-friendly features. It comes with a motor with built-in, an extra pressure foot, seven built-in decorative stitches, and seven application options. The machine also has a sewing light that allows you to see clearly in dimly lit areas.
It also features a compact free arm, a dial-pad stitch pattern selector, and a thread guide. You can expect 550 SPM, which will be enough to impress everyone. This sewing machine is a great choice for tailoring because of its high brand reputation and the quality after-sales service of Usha.
- Special Features – 550 stitches per minute, 7 applications (like quilting, lace fixing, smocking, rolled hemming, etc. ), Stitch length control. Triple strength stitch. Auto-tripping bobbin system.
- Warranty – 2 Years
- Material – A plastic body with metallic parts
3. Singer Promise 1408 Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
This Sewing machine from Singer comes preloaded with multiple accessories such as an all-purpose foot, the zipper foot stitching foot for the button, edges/quilting guides, set of needles, thread spools, large bobbins cap, spool pin felt darning plate, L-screwdriver seam ripper/lint brush along with a dust-cover that is soft.
It has a Heavy-duty metal frame Machine that can be used to allow skip-free sewing
- Comes with 24 Stitch functions to achieve a great variety of design patterns.
- 8 built-in stitches including six basic stitches, one decorative, and one automatic four-step buttonhole.
- Automatically-designed buttonhole with four steps – guides you through every step for professional-looking results
- Simple threading Straightforward threading path to save time
Check Service quality in Your area
4. Bernette b35 – 60 Stitch Functions Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- Mechanical sewing machine with 23 In - Built Stitches and 60 stitch functions, Sewing Speed 860 SPM
- 1 - Step Buttonhole ,Feed - dog drop facility, Free arm sewing , LED Light , Auto Needle Threader, 7 Presser feet as standard
- Includes : Sewing machine, Instruction manual , Standard accessories with foot control
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric; Material Type: Aluminium
5. Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
- Features - Build-in Stitches: 8; Sewing Speed: 800 SPM; No. of Buttonholes Styles: 4; Number of Stitches: 24; Accessory storage: Yes; Type: Electric; Thread Tension Adjustment: Yes
- Automatic Needle Threader: This sewing machine's automatic needle threader lets you thread the needle's eye without straining your eyes.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame: The machine's interior frame is metal, providing long lasting durability. 5.8" sewing space (needle to tower) and 4.4" height
- Snap-On Presser Feet: Presser feet can be easily removed and attached when needed for various sewing techniques
- LED Light: Featuring an LED light, this sewing machine illuminates the sewing area for a bright and clear vision.
6. Brother FS 101 Computerized Plastic Sewing Machine
Sew stylishly at home with the Brother FreeStyle FS101 computerized sewing machine. From cushions, quilts, and bags to dressmaking, this machine is perfect for any creative task large or small.
Choose from 100 inbuilt stitches, 8 one-step buttonholes, and even the direction to sew. Featuring a range of popular easy features including inbuilt needle threading, quick-set bobbin, and bobbin winding, speed and stitch width/length control plus a 7 point feed for smooth feeding of various fabrics from sheer silk to denim.
With a sewing speed of up to 850 stitches a minute, the FS101 is the perfect partner for your creative exploration.
7. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- Check out “With KIT” offer to get Free Sewing KIT worth Rs 500 with Sewing Machine
- Automatic zig-zag sewing machine with free arm for circular stitch ,In-built motor; built-in needle threader and light with switch ; Button Hole Sewing: Four Step ; Thread Tension Control: Manual
- Drop feed for embroidery; triple strength stitch, Auto tripping bobbin system; Sewing speed: 860 SPM; dial type stitch selector,the brand has stopped giving demo DVD along with the product. The demo video is provided in the image section
- 13 built-in stitches including button holing; 21 stitch functions (applications) including stretch stitching, button fixing, rolled hemming, smocking, blind stitch hemming and zip fixing
- Thread Cutter on Face Plate. Feed drop for embroidery. In Built Sewing Light
8. Singer Start 1306 Sewing Machine- Review
- 6 built-in stitches: 4 basic, 1 decorative and 1 buttonhole
- Free arm, heavy duty metal frame, snap on pressure feet and extra high pressure foot lifter
- The Right Stitch: Easier sewing for better results
- Simple Stitch Selection: Machine remains still for skip-free change stitches in one easy step sewing
- Easy threading buttonhole, saves time, no guesswork and just professional looking results
9. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- Check out “With KIT” offer to get Free Sewing KIT worth Rs 500 with Sewing Machine
- Automatic zig-zag sewing machine with compact free arm. Pressure Adjustor : No
- Thread Tension Control: Manual ; Stitch Pattern Selector: Dial Type
- 7 built-in stitches & 14 Stitch function including 4-step button holing; Seven applications including lace fixing, quilting, smocking and rolled hemming
- Auto tripping bobbin system; drop feed for embroidery; manual needle threading; sewing light
How do you choose the best sewing machine for you?
1. Types of Sewing Machines
The type of sewing machine depends on whether it is Electrical or mechanical.
Electrical Sewing machine
An electrical model comes with a panel that allows you to indicate the type, length, and width of each stitch. It does not require the use of a pedal to sew, even though the fabric may be thicker. Despite the higher price, this option is still a great choice.
Mechanical Sewing machine
The cost of a mechanical sewing machine is lower than an electronic one, and it is simpler. This machine is perfect for people who are familiar with the “world” of sewing. Because the whole task must be done manually, this machine is ideal. This machine is great for people who need to do simple tasks.
2. Speed of Sewing Machine
The best model for speed is one that has the highest PPM. It can produce more than others. It is possible to make a lot of clothes quickly by using this method.
If you are looking to purchase a machine for your home, we recommend that machines have at least 600 PPM. If you plan to use the equipment for work, we recommend that it be purchased with speeds above 3000 PPM.
3. Size and Dimension of Sewing Machine
We recommend that you choose a sewing machine that is the right size for your application. A portable model is best if it measures around 15x33x26 cm.
4. Straight or zig-zag Style stitches
It is important to stress that the greater the number of points, the better. This allows seamstresses to sew the way they like, using different types of stitches. Such as straight stitches, zig-zag, and more. This is also a great way to increase power. The ideal is for the machine’s ability to sew more quickly and efficiently.
How to thread a sewing machine
Threading a sewing machine is pretty straightforward, but once again, you have to know how to do it. Note that although all sewing machines thread similarly, there may be some variations that you will need to learn depending on your machine model.
Follow this Video for step by Step Process
Sewing Machine buying FAQs
Which is the best sewing machine brand in India?
In our Opinion, we Think Sewing machines from Usha and Singer are best for Indian consumers. Usha being the front runner has great coverage and after-sales service in India, when it comes to the Sewing machines.
We have listed some of the best sewing machines best on our research and what customers are talking about them on various forums and e-commerce platforms.
Which type of Sewing machine is better, Electric vs Manual?
It is impossible to pick between them since both have different functions and are designed for various types of customers. For designers who are casual sewing machines, an electric one is a great choice, that has a range between 550 and 750 SPM when it comes to older people who need to stitch daily and mending, a manual sewing machine is the best option. Today, we also have computers, which are mainly used by professionals.
Did you find the right sewing machine for your needs? This post can be shared to help others who might also be interested in this product.
You can also check out our other posts for tips on buying other products. We have written excellent reviews of items that we use every day.
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API