Looking for a recommendation on Best AC in India. I heard you, summers are coming and you should buy it before it’s late as we know summers can be really brutal and toasty here in India. In this article, we are going to cover all the necessary details pros and cons, and an additional feature that you should look for in the best AC in India.
Split AC Vs Window AC
We understand this is the basic question has to be sure of when he embarks on AC purchase Journey. Let me be very clear, it is all individual choice and your lifestyle, each one of them has its pros and cons. As an individual, I always prefer Split AC thanks to its silent operation and better cooling capacity. One of the reasons they have the silent operation is because the compressor unit consists of motors and all always places outside your house. outdoor is connected to the indoor unit using a hose through a hole.
Benefits of Split AC over Window AC
So in this article, we will discuss some of the best Split AC available in India, You can also refer to our Best Window AC in India article in case you are interested.
Price of Split AC in India
The price of typical Split AC can start anywhere from Rs 25000 and it can go above Rs 50000 depending on the brand and various features. Higher-end ACs are mostly inverter types as they perform better in terms of maintaining constant temperature and are more energy-efficient.
Some of the high-end Split ACs come with various Smart and IoT (Internet of Things) features. Some of these features are Voice control(Google Assistant and Alexa etc), Auto shutdown, and Operation using Mobile App.
Our Recommended List of Best Split AC India
How we selected the best Split AC in India
We gave Brand Value and Customer Service, the highest weightage on our list. We think that spending close to 40000 rupees is a relatively big amount for an average household family in India. At the end of the day, the only thing that will give you peace of mind is how good is the brand and how good its customer and after-sales support is.
This was one of the important factors in our overall rating. Based on multiple customer comments we run a price sentiments analysis to arrive at how much price customers were willing to pay. Factors such as whether sales were consistent throughout the year or peaked during the discount period were one of the criteria we used to decide customer willingness to pay.
Energy Efficiency Rating
if you are going to buy a split AC, we recommend going with an AC which an energy efficiency rating of at least 3-star. The whole idea of start rating is more the star, the more efficient your ac will be and trust you will save a lot of money in the longer term. It will also add that peace of mind when you need to run your AC most of the time during peak summer, your electricity bill will not give you heartache.
Average Customer Rating
Second highest weightage we gave to the average customer rating across multiple eCommerce websites and even multiple consumer forums. We noted what is average customer sentiment related to Brand and Product itself
Durability and Average Warranty
These numbers were taken from OEMs’ claims on durability, and the Percentage of customers complaining of leakages, low cooling, and compressor failure.
Air conditioners are products made for comfort. You will always want to have a sound sleep while running your Ac, but keep in mind a noisy Ac can spoil your comfort and mood.
In our opinion, your AC should have noise greater than 50 dB, even that is I would say is a higher limit. A Quality Air conditioner should max at 45 dB as noise level.
Split AC Buying Guide- Dos and Don’ts
I am going to tell you about my personal experience that I have also highlighted in this article along with my favorite product recommendation. So let’s start, these are five golden rules I followed to get the best value for money bough a good AC:
- Read lots of Amazon reviews, be careful there are plenty of fake reviews as well, just check for authorized purchased customers only
- Looks for some of the Pros and cons customers are talking about
- Try to buy in the off-season, you will always get a great deal
- If still not sure, pay a visit to a local store, if they have a better offer and match your expectation, get it from there
- Blindly following YouTuber reviews, especially Indian, pretending to be doing a product review, especially home appliances, they don’t do justice to customers.
- Follow commercials, most of the time they are misleading
- Fall in the trap of Article pretending to be an expert, most of the time it is not( Trust me all big Publishing houses and Media are doing Sponsored Articles even Product recommendations)
Now, We have already covered in detail the AC buying guide in our post so, without wasting your time, here are our Top Picks.
Inverter Vs Non-inverter AC (Air conditioner)
An inverter AC is the latest and most efficient variant of a conventional split air conditioner. Inverter ACs are designed in such a way that unnecessary power consumption through idle operation is eliminated hence they consume less electricity at any given point in time.
Inverted technology works with less usage in a continuous ambient climate. Wear and noise levels are between 30-70% lower than with on/off units.
However, even though most inverter ACs are energy-saving devices, energy efficiency should not be your only consideration while purchasing an inverter AC. Different models offer different features, better or worse cooling, and noise control. In the end, here is important information about Best inverter AC
Best Split AC in India 2022- Review
1. LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC-Review
What works best for this AC is the LG DUAL Inverter Compressor has a varied Speed Dual Rotary Motor, and wider rotational frequency giving you a more energy-efficient solution and you can save more energy along with a higher speed cooling range.
This LG variant AC uses Ocean Black Fins which offer unbeatable protection against humidity, dust, sand, smoke, and chemicals present in the environment. This helps to attain an increased lifespan for your air conditioner and ensures superior performance compared to conventional fins.
- Comes with Ocean Black Protection meaning better Rust & Corrosion protection and more lifespan
- Variable Speed Compressor Which Adjusts Power Depending On Heat Load
- It has a dual Inverter and Ocean Black Fin technology for longevity
- Antibacterial Filter including a Dehumidifier and EZ Clean Filter
- 5 Star Energy Rating, which roughly translates into Annual Energy Consumption of 818.81 Units
- Loaded with the feature but yet lacks a premium finish and looks
- Check for proper installation as inexperienced technicians may not do a perfect job
2. Panasonic 1.5 Ton 5 Star Wi-Fi Twin Cool Inverter Split AC-Review
This AC will provide you with an excellent support ecosystem using the AI-enabled MirAIe App. It has some intelligent and unique features such as the customized sleep mode, the AC enables enhanced flexibility as it allows users to pre-set temperature profiles through the night for comfort and avoid the night Chills that your traditional AC might give.
- Smart Variable Speed Inverter Compressor for optimum performance and adjusts power depending on load
- Low noise operation at 43 dB
- Great hands-free operation and Voice Control with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Energy Star Rating: 5 Star ISEER: 4.7
- Anti Corrosion Blue Fin Technology
- Smart AC with Wi-Fi connection, Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control
- 5 Star rating Means Power efficiency and consumption up to 840.7 Units/Year
- Comes with PM 2.5 Filter and Stabilizer Free Operation
- Check for after-sales support and services in your area
- Installation Costs may vary as per the requirement
3. Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC -Review
Whirlpool is one of the well-known consumer brands in India and across the world. They are operating across geographies for the last 100 years.
This AC uses Unique Six sense FastCool technology that ensures uniform and instant cooling, something we always require when coming from outside. Whirlpool Intellisense Inverter technology adapts to your cooling needs while reducing power consumption and electricity usage.
- Magicool technology-enabled compressor, which cools even at the extreme temperature of 55°C
- Whirlpool advanced 6th Sense FastCool Technology for Instant and uniform cooling
- Intellisense Inverter Technology for optimum cooling and low power consumption
- Comes with Dust Filter, Dehumidifier, and Stabilizer free operation (145v-290v)
- 5 Star rating, Annual Energy Consumption: 843.95
- Customers should check for Installation experience
4. Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC-Review
Many of you might be aware that Voltas is a TATA brand, which brings a sense of trust to many of us. This particular AC comes with an adjustable Inverter AC with a unique adjustable mode, which means it can run on different tonnage, as per your requirement meaning it changes its tonnage capacity as per requirement. If there are more people, it will increase its tonnage to deliver better cooling performance.
- Comes with a variable speed compressor that adjusts power depending on heat load. This means energy-efficient and low noise operation
- 5 Star Energy Rating, great efficiency. Annual Energy Consumption: 892.32 units
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year on product, 1 year on condenser, 5 years on compressor
- Comes with Copper Condenser Coil for better cooling and low maintenance
- Antibacterial_Filter, Dust_Filter, Air_Purifier, Superdry included as an additional feature
- Environmental friendly R32 refrigerant gas which means less ozone depletion potential & low global warming potential
- Check for dealership and Installation coverage in India
5. Godrej 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC-Review
If we talk about some of the great features, it comes with a 100% copper condenser and gold fin anti-corrosive coating, along with a 10-year inverter compressor warranty for long-lasting performance. This AC comes with additional features such as Tri-Filter Air Purification System, and Turbo-Mode for long-lasting superior performance.
- Trust of Godrej is a plus here
- Comes with Golden Fin Anti-Corrosion Condenser for durability and heavy-duty performance
- Additional Features such as Inverter compressor, Active Carbon Filter, Anti Bacterial & Dust Filter, Anti-Microbial Self Cleaning (Healthy Auto Blow),
- Eco-friendly R32 refrigerant which is environmentally friendly with no ozone depletion potential
- Check for Customer Support in your area
6. Lloyd 1.5 Ton 5 Star WiFi Ready Inverter Split AC-Review
This AC comes with inverter technology, meaning lower power consumption as the compressor unit adapts its speed and operation according to heat and load. It consumes only 865.9 units of electricity in 1 year. In it, you will also find an antivirus filter. You can order this air conditioner for ₹ 60,990 for ₹ 38,000 after a 38% discount.
- WiFi Ready AC. means you can control on and off operation even from your phone and other smart devices
- Energy Efficient and Silent operation, annual consumption of 865 Units
- Up to 10 m of long-throw cool air
- Smart 4-way swing through horizontal and vertical louvers, giving a uniform cooling across the room
- Environment and Ozone friendly R-32 Refrigerant
- PM 2.5 and Anti Viral Dust Filter for clean and healthy air
- Check for availability of local customer support network
- Customer complaints of late installation
Smart Features of Split ACs
Air purification technology
You can also ensure that the air in your home or work is always clean and odor-free. To do this, see if the device has features for air purification, such as filters or ionizers.
In this case, filters help to keep the air always fresh, with fewer impurities. Ion filters can also eliminate up to 99% of bacteria and viruses in the environment.
In addition, there are models that are able to prevent the unit’s internal moisture. Therefore, they help to reduce odors, molds, molds, and other impurities that can accumulate in the device.
Control via the app and virtual assistants
The most modern appliances can bring some amenities to you. Some brands like LG support virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant.
In addition, some brands even have their own app. In this way, it is possible to turn on the device before getting home and activate voice commands!
FAQs on AC Buying
Which is the best AC brand in India?
You can go for LG and Samsung. These two are the best brands in India in terms of Product quality and customer Suppor
Which AC is better- Inverter AC, or Normal AC
You Should always go for Inverter AC if Budget is not a constraint. They Provide better AC Life along with energy Saving. You can save up to 50% on your total energy bills
Inverter Air Conditioner vs Conventional AC. What are the differences
The main difference between an inverter and a convention or non-inverter air conditioner is that an inverter air conditioner can run at varying speeds as per the current room temperature. While on the other hand non-inverter AC will always run at full speed or it will stop as per the desired current room temperature.
This causes unnecessary start and operation of non-inverter or convention AC which further leads to noisy operation and more energy consumption.
LG Vs Samsung-Which AC is better?
LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (2021 Model, MS-Q18YNZA) is currently the best AC available in India. We have give it highest rating in all the AC we reviewed.
We hope that this article will help you decide on buying your first or your next AC. You should look for the feature listed above and go for a branded company. If you liked this article, then show some love and share this with your friends and family who are planning to buy a split Ac this summer.
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API