If you are into Biryani and love cooking, get the Best Biryani Pot now! Biryani can be called a quintessential dish which, I believe almost every Indian like, I mean who does not like Biryani, at least I am yet to find one! I mean think of any other dish which comes as close to a Biryani, flavored in the aroma of the best of herbs and spices soaked with succulent juicy tender chicken, there is hardly any match!
We have multiple varieties of Biryani here in India, and it depends on which part of India you live in. But, One thing is common across all of the different varieties, they are made in a dedicated Biryani Pot. Now that Pot may have other multiple uses, but if one has to make a real Dum (Steam) Biryani, get a dedicated pot as soon as possible.
Even for me when I was cooking Biryani at home, I was following multiple tricks, such as typical desi Jugaads as we all them. Few of them were like finding ways around to cook in conventional Kadai or even pressure cookers. I used to use atta to seal across for getting that dum(steam) into biryanis.
But trust me, I was able to achieve that great taste only when I bought a dedicated biryani Pot. To reveal it, I bought a dedicated Futura Biryani Pot. Like every one of you, I did all the required research, read all the reviews, did all the product comparisons. I am going to share my experience and findings with you.
For a typical Indian household getting a 4L Pot is more than enough. If you have more than 4 members in the family get a 6L Biryani Pot.
Biryani Pots can be made up of Cast Iron or Anodized steel. I prefer and recommend you to go for an anodized one because of its toughness and even heating. This will last longer if maintained properly.
Nowadays there are Clays Biryani Pots and Kadai handi are trends. Some precautions that you need to take care if using Clay Pots are
- It is recommended to use earthen cookware only when there is a gradual temperature increase.
- Sudden rise or fall of the temperature make leads to its cracking.
- Do not add cold water into an earthen pot that is already heated
Heavy and Snug fit Lid
Since we will be mostly using it for Biryani, you should look for a Pot that has a heavier Lid so that there will be less heat leakage. This will help retain heat/steam effectively and locks in the flavors. Another added benefit is your biryani will remain warm for a longer duration.
When cooking a sufficient quantity say for 4 people, food along with pot will be heavier and you don’t want that wobble and weak handles. A quality Pot will have handles that are firmly fixed with strong rivets.
Now based on all the research and findings I am going to share my list below:
Best Biryani Pot in India
My top recommendations for the best Biryani Pots India.
Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Cook-n-Serve Bowl
- Item Weight : 1.46 Kg
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 35.99 x 29.69 x 16.79 cm
- Material: Hard Anodized
- Volume: 6L
Save ₹ 270 Now
Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Aluminum Cook-n-Serve Bowl with Hard Anodised Lid, Capacity 6 Litre,...
Prestige Hard Anodised Cookware
Save ₹ 359 Now
Prestige Hard Anodised Cookware Lifetime Induction Base Sauce Pan, 24cm, Black
Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Stick Biriyani Pot with Lid
Save ₹ 90 Now
Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Stick Biriyani Pot with Lid, 5 Litres, Red
Other Best Sellers Amazon
Cello Prima Non-Stick Biryani Pot 5.5 LTR with Glass Lid
- Material - Pure Grade Aluminum, Capacity - 5.5 Ltr, Colour - Cherry
- This cookware is made of High guage & pure grade Aluminum used for higher efficiency during cooking
- This cookware features a nonstick coating, which allows for lower-fat cooking options--no need for excess butter or oil.
- This versatile cookware is compatible with Gas Stove.
- 1% Flame Proof
Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Cook-n-Serve Stewpot with Hard Anodised Lid
- Material: Hard Anodised Aluminium - tough and durable, will not pit, tarnish or corrode and will stay looking new for years
- It is a modern version of the traditional Indian patila or degchi (a deep cooking vessel). The elegant stewpot can be used for cooking as well as serving on the table
- It has 2 short, strong, comfortable and stay-cool plastic handles which are permanently riveted to the Pan
- It has a strong and sturdy stainless steel lid to stop splatter of hot foods
- Suitable for use on domestic gas, kerosene, electric, ceramic and halogen stoves
Impex PEARL-3213 Aluminium, Ceramic Biriyani Pot
- Material: Aluminium, Ceramic; Capacity: 10 Litre
- Base Type: Induction And Gas Stove Compatible; Colour: Golden Orange
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Metal Spoon Friendly
Prestige Omega Select Plus Non-Stick PFOA Free Biryani Pot with Stainless Steel Lid
- Extreme Scratch and Abrasion Resistance Coating
- Superior Non-stick Release Performance
- PFOA - Free Coating for Healthy Cooking
- Designed to Last Longer
- Durable Handles
Ashtok Aluminium Biryani Cooking Handi Pot with Lid
- Specification:- Detail of Biryani Handi:- Diameter: 15 Inches, Height: 4.25 Inches, Cooking Capacity: 4 Kgs (2 Kg Rice + 2 Kg Chicken/Mutton), Approx 10 to 12 Persons can eat, Material: Aluminium.
- The best thing about the Handi is that it is made of thick Aluminium Sheets which can withstand high temperature. Temperature is one of the main things that bring taste to your food and cannot be obtained in regular utensils at home.
- Imagine yourself serving perfectly cooked Biryani to your loved one, and everyone is enjoying and complimenting you. They might be asking for the recipe also, but don't forget to share the main reason along with the recipe. Thanks to the Biryani Handi.
- Since the Handi is made of Aluminium, it will stay with you for the rest of your life and generation to come. It is made in India by skilled artisans from India.
- The Handi brings the taste of a restaurant to your home, and it is Easy to Carry and easy to clean and an ideal deal For Home use.
Craftsman India Online Clay Pottery Earthen Handi
- SOLD WITHOUT LID | Size_2Ltr : Material_CLAY : Colour_RED: Type_COOKIG : For Cooking_ BIRYANI,DAL, KHICHDI,PONGAL,CURRIES,PALAV : Cooks Up to_ 1.4kg OF MEAT/VEGETABLES
- PRODUCT BENEFITS Clay pots give you all the Phosphorus,Iron,Magnesium and several other Minerals.Clay being alkaline in nature helps in neutralizing the Ph balance of the food by interacting with the acid present in the food. Clay being a porous, allows heat and moisture circulate evenly making food juicer, Food cooks Perfect without over heating & Burning.
- WHAT IS A DEEP BURNED CLAY POT OR BLACK POTTERY? It is a very old traditional Pottery technique. A Normal red Clay pot is Kilned once.Deep Burned Pots are kilned two times, Second time, potters Burn the pots stacked together with wood and Hay at a temperature Nearly 1200*C.This will Make the pots very strong and Durable.During the process Pots turn Black in colour. Deep Burned Pots Can Withstand High temperature when used on Gas stove.
- KNOW YOUR PRODUCT- It is hand a hand made product, Size and shape may slightly vary. More sand added in clay for Extra Strength,Durability and Long lasting,Rough finish. SEASONED- This product is seasoned using Corn Starch. Seasoning starch may appear Glossy and Slippery on surface. BLACK POTTERY_Pots attain Black colour naturally during DEEP BURNING process due to temperature change in the kiln.
- HEALTH ASSURANCE -We assure you there is no chemicals used in any step of making this product.It is made using Naturally excavated Clay. We use edible corn starch for seasoning the pot. Red pots may turn Black & Black pots may turn Red from bottom while cooing due to temperature change | WARNING-Check Images Read all specifications to make sure it fits your purpose and Place the Order.Usage Instructions are Send Along with the Product.
Clay/Earthen Best Biryani Pots/Kadai Handi
1. SeGrand Clay Biryani Handi Pot (5 Litre)
- The Food Cooked in the Handi is Rich in Iron, Calcium, Magnesium and Sulfur which plays an important role for Your Well-Being.
- 100% Natural, Inert & Non Toxic Handi - Promise of Flavoursome food with Rich Smoky & Earthy note added to it.
- Stove Top Safe- Made with the finest quality clay making it sturdy & easy to use
- Food is more Tasty & Nutritious- The food is naturally cooked and no nutrients are lost, providing you a rich & flavourful taste
- Premium quality- Handcrafted Clay Product - All our products our made with extreme passion & love for our traditional Indian heritage & culture
2. SeGrand Clay Kadai (2 liters) and Tawa (8-inch Diameter) Combo Set
- Exclusive Earthenware Clay Cookware Combo Set - 1 Kadhai (2 Litre) + 1 Tawa (8 inch Diameter)
- The Chapatis Cooked in the Clay Tawa is also Rich in Iron, Calcium, Magnesium and Sulphur which plays an important role for one's well-being.
3. SARVOSARTH COLLECTION Clay | RED Soil | TERACOTTA | MITTI KA Cooker
Which pot is best for biryani?
Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised and Prestige Hard Anodised Cookware are best Biryani Pot you can get currently on Amazon
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-09-25 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API