Looking for the best induction cooktop in India, you have reached the right article. We will discuss all the prices and features of an induction stove as well as compare an induction cooktop with a gas burner stove, their pros, and cons.
The next question is do you know how it works and whether it be an economical and better choice compared to traditional gas stoves. We are glad to inform you that you’re at the right spot! Take a sip and come along with us as we explore how the induction cooktop operates and along with Best Induction Cooktops available in India.
With their sleek and modern design, they’re becoming popular in kitchens, as they are becoming less expensive which is causing a rise in competition with the other stove models that are available.
Before we go into details, let me quickly share our list of the best induction cooktops in India.
List of Best Induction Cooktop India
How does induction cooktop work?
Induction technology is a result of magnetism. Induction coils within Induction cooktops generate electromagnetic fields in the area between the cooktop’s bottom (which requires made of steel) along with the copper coil that is located beneath the glass-ceramic cooktop’s surface. The magnetic field produced by the copper accelerates particles within the steel ladle and causes it to warm up.
This is why the pan has to be set precisely in the right position in order to take advantage of the magnetic field’s action. The magnetic field instantly heats the bottom that is the bottom of the dish, heating the food inside the pan at high efficiency, speed, and accuracy.
It’s only the pan that cooks and heats the food, aided by the copper coils that are located at the bottom of the cooking surface.
Since they are powered by the use of magnets, these cooktops should only be made use of with cookware that is induction friendly or safe to say magnetic in nature. Some examples of induction-friendly cookware are made of steel multi-layer/triple bottom and cast iron.
Best Cookware for induction stove cooktop?
In contrast to other stoves such as the gas stoves, it requires a special kind of pot. It’s because this kind of stove isn’t able to work by using the fire’s flame however, it operates with electromagnetic currents, therefore the pans require an unbending base that is as straight as possible, and a strong base.
Even if the pot isn’t suitable it could damage the cookware and the cooker. Below are models that can be used with this kind of stove.
- Pans made of stainless steel
- Cast iron
- There are some designs of ceramic cookware that have induction layers at the bottom.
All of these models come with an appropriate base that is compatible with the induction cooker because they are straight, which allows for greater heat distribution within the cooking utensil. In addition, their material permits the circulation of electromagnetic energy. If you’re looking for more assertiveness from the material, you should bring the magnet closer to the lower part of the pot, and observe whether the magnet “sticks”, you should also determine whether the bottom of the pan is straight.
For ceramic cookware, even though they are fantastic non-stick, the majority aren’t compatible with an induction cooker. It is therefore necessary to verify the specifications to determine the specific model that is suitable for use in the appliance.
Best Induction Cooktop India-Review
1. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
- 0 to 3 hours time setting;10 preset menus for different Indian recipies
- 24 hours preset timer function for delayed cooking;High quality full glass panel for premium finish and easy cook
- Sensor touch keys for ease of use;Auto-off program cooks food safely
- More comfortable cooking without flame;Cool-to-touch surface cooks foods safely; Warranty: 1 year on product;Power: 2100 watts
- Size Name: Free Size
- Auto-off program
- Cool-to-touch surface
- Time from 0 to 3 hours setting
- 1-year warranty
- Power 2100W
Some of the most interesting features for your users could come from the 10-preset menus. This is more precise than other devices that offer menus for meals like chapatti, idli, and more. This is due to the fact that the presets included in this gadget are intended to be used for Gravy, Slow Cook, Stir Fry, Deep Fry, and Pressure Cook. The presets for Milk/Water and Roti/Dosa might be considered to be exceptions to them since they can be included in other recipes too. It is easier to determine which one is appropriate for which recipe. For instance, it’s evident that you should make use of the gravy setting for any recipe that calls for gravy.
The Timer function is exactly the same as it is elsewhere. What is in need of a special mention is the 0-3 hours limit that can be set for any item that is prepared in that amount of time. Also, you can use the delay cooking feature.
- Easy Setup and installation
- User-friendly menus
- Trust and Quality of Philips brand
- It has 10 preset menus that can be used for various recipes
- Comes with 24 hours preset timer for delayed cooking
- Touch-sensitive buttons
- Full glass panel for high-end finish and an easy cook
- Check for after-sales support
2. Prestige Induction Cooktop Pic 6.1 V3 2200 Watts – Black
- 2000 watts, Automatic Whistle Counter, Automatic Keep Warm Function
- Built in Indian Menu, Dual Heat Sensor
- Automatic Voltage Regulator, Anti Magnetic Wall, Feather Touch Buttons.
- Warranty: 1 Year
- 2000 Watts rated capacity
- Comes with an automated whistle counter
- Dual heat sensor for heat regulation
- Automated voltage regulator
- Touch-sensitive Buttons
Prestige is a well-known and reputed brand in Indian households. It is famous for its range of cookware from Pressure cookers to various Kitchen electronic devices such as microwaves etc.
This induction cooktop has one of the best build qualities available currently in the market for its price segment. It comes with all the great features found in the Prestige PIC 16.0+1900W and includes some intriguing and useful features, such as Whistle Preset and Child Lock as well as a dual heat sensor.
Pros/Features we Liked:
- It handles voltage fluctuations and provides longer life and improved performance.
- Modern and contemporary design that stands out in the contemporary kitchen.
- Easy operation thanks to touching buttons.
- It allows you to cook authentic Indian food by pressing a key. Select from the various presets that are available.
- It handles voltage fluctuations. It guarantees long-term durability and enhanced performance.
- It is easy to keep and provides security.
- Automatic power adjustments and changes to temperature for a variety of food products.
- Cooktops are mobile and can be utilized anywhere.
- Built quality could have been better
3. Philips Viva Collection HD4929/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black)
- Programmed for Indian cooking;0 to 3 hours time setting
- Auto-off program cooks food safely;More comfortable cooking without flame
- Cool-to-touch surface, cooks foods safely;Warranty: 1 year on product; Power: 2100 watts;Operating voltage: 220-240 volts
- Includes: Induction cooktop and User manual;Power: 2100 watts; Operating voltage: 220-240 volts
- Warranty Description: 1 Years On Product
- Automated presets to suit different kinds of recipes as well as cooking methods.
- 120W to 2100W
- Set-up time from 0 to 3 hours
- Touch start
- RoHS certified
Philips Viva HD 4928/01 2100W features a black ceramic surface and a white control panel. It is RoHS certified. This means that the components used to make it are able to ensure it is completely safe.
In terms of its functions, It isn’t distinct from other induction cooktops. There are fewer presets to suit specific Indian recipes. Therefore, you must decide the ideal temperature for whatever you’re making.
There are also Timer or Auto-off. The first of these options is designed for food preparation and shutting off the appliance at the point that the time for cooking has been reached. It can be set from three hours to 0.
The second function automatically turns off the device, so even if you don’t switch off the device, it doesn’t be a problem.
In the end, it is the first Philips device. It’s built on the heritage that has earned its name. You can rely on it with confidence.
4. Pigeon Cruise Plastic, Glass 1800 watt Open Induction Cooktop (12303) with Touch Button
- 7 Segments LED Display
- 220 V Power Input
- 1800 Watts Power Consumption
- Auto Switch Off Preset Timer
The Pigeon Cruise Cooktop comes with 7 segments of the LED display to show temperature and power. The Induction Stove is equipped with premium electrical, which protects against the risk of short circuits. It has a superior-top plate is sturdy and well built that can endure extremely high temperatures.
Smart timer for hands-free cooking, Cord length: 1.3 meters. Worktop Material: Carbon Steel, Preset timer, auto-shutoff, Soft push button, and manual Temperature Control.
Reduce your energy consumption when cooking on the induction cooking stoves. The pre-programmed settings have an automatic shut-off feature, thus making use of less power. The induction stove is 93 percent energy-efficient compared to traditional electric cooktops.
5. Amazon Basics Induction Cooktop with Touch Panel – 2000 Watt
This can be your next purchase of the best induction cooktop. This is easy to use 2000 Watt Induction Cooktop smoothed Crystal Crystal Glass Induction surface
We recommend using only flat bottomed cookware that is made of steel or iron with a diameter of 14.5 and 16cm and a thickness of greater than 1.5mm given the size of this induction cooktop.
It comes with impressive 8-Stage Power Settings, with a quality Touch Control Panel and LED display.
One of the Salient features, when you buy an Amazon Basic product, is you can rely on the quality aspect as it has been tested keeping in mind international standards using international quality standards to ensure security and reliability.
- Tested by Amazon’s internationally recognized packaging ISTA-6A standards to make sure that that your product arrives safely
- The device comes with 5 pre-set Indian choices and a timer to allow up to 4 hours.
- It comes with BIS certified cable and plug to ensure quality and dependability.
- Features enhanced security features, such as “Auto Standby” in the event that there is no pan in place, residual heat indicator, and fan for automatic cooling
- Heat Production is not smooth
6. Usha Cook Joy (3820) 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop with Touch (Black)
- 4 Digit LED Display; Feather Touch Panel; Child Lock Safety. Cord Length - 1.3. Control : Push Button
- Pan Sensor technology; Variable Temperature and Time Settings; Portable easy to use and maintain
- Surge Protection Against abnormal voltage fluctuations
- IGBT Overheat Protection; Dry Heat Protection
- Keep Warm Function; Capacity: 1 liter
- Rated 2000W Power
- 1-liter capacity
- Control panel Feather that has four LED digits
- Child lock for children
- Pan sensor technology
- Setting the temperature and time
- Protection against surges
Usha Cook Joy (3820) 2000W induction cooktop provides all the essential elements that are durable and of high quality.
The heat setting lets the user set the temperature between 120W to 2000W, making it ideal for all kinds of cooking and recipes.
There are, as usual, pre-made recipes for certain dishes of Indian food. What is more important than that is the different types of security features offered in it, such as features like the surge protector, IGBT overheat protection and dry heat protection.
They protect your device from unexpected spikes in voltage, overheating as well as dry heating scenarios. Dry heating situations could occur if the food in the pot is completely burned down or evaporates, rendering the pot completely dry. If the pot that is dry remains in contact with heat, it could become overheated. The thermostat will turn off the appliance before an event occurs.
Like any other induction cooktop, it won’t even begin if it isn’t able to detect an oven on it.
7. KENT – 16034 Induction Cooktop KB-83 2000-Watt (Black)
No products found.
- Rated capacity of 2000 Watts
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- 8 pre-programmed cooking options for cooking
- Temperature adjustment
- Overheat protection
KENT 16034 KB-83 KB-83 2000-Watt electric hob is a monolithic design with no distinction between both the cooking zone as well as the panel for control. The two zones are distinguished with signs that show at the place where the heating zone is as well as clearly-defined the different presets available for cooking.
There are 8 presets available in the total, which includes Dosa/Roti/Keep Warm Fry, Gravy Rice milk, water, and Soup. You can utilize the Function button to change from one preset to the next or manually make the adjustments you believe are needed to a temperature you have set in a preset.
Overheat protection, like all other devices, is a safety feature for the cookware and the appliance.
8. Crompton Insta serve 2000 induction cooktop
No products found.
- 10 temperature levels
- 2000 Watts
- 1-year warranty
- Lightweight and portable
- LCD display
- Consumption of energy indicator
- 10 power levels
Crompton Insta 2000 watt induction cooktop has a unique design when compared with the other products which have been reviewed thus far. The main difference is its control panel. It has six buttons. All the presets are found on various control panel devices have been integrated inside the displays of the gadget. If you’d like to use any of the options, all you need to do is to click on the function button till the desired option is chosen.
Another intriguing feature is the energy consumption Indicator. It is intended for people who are always keeping an eye on the consumption of energy. When cooking, people don’t glance at the energy usage, but their attention is focused on the food being cooked, and the way they cook it.
How did we select the best Induction cooktop in India- Buying Guide
- Available cooking zones
- The power rating of a device
- Capacity to withstand the stress of cooking pots and pans
- The number of cooking options
- Customer reviews
Electric stove Vs Induction Cooktop
The induction cooktop is far more sophisticated than other cooktops like electric cooktops. There are a lot of differences since it is more similar in comparison to the gas cooker, but not as much as the one that is induction.
The electric cooktop operates with the application of electric resistance like an oven that is powered by electricity. The electric cooktop is heated by the entire area of the burners, which can cause the same danger of burning as a gas cooktop, or conventional stove. The electric cooktop is able to heat the pan, the burner, and the entire space. Additionally, it is less efficient when it comes to electrical consumption, which means that it requires more energy than an induction cooktop.
We’ve already seen how the induction cooktop functions and we are aware that the cooking zone is only activated once the pan has been placed in. If you don’t switch the cooktop on, it could not be suitable to use either due to its size or the material (which is magnetic). Additionally, the cooking space doesn’t heat, it’s the pan itself, as magnetic waves generated by induction only impact the steel surface that is in contact.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does an induction cooktop work better than a gas cooktop?
An Induction cooker has many advantages compared to a traditional gas stove as it is less hazardous in terms of fire that may happen due to gas leaks, is safer to handle, etc. So coming directly to the point, an Induction Cooktop is better, this can be due to the fact that the induction cooktop is more efficient in terms of energy and speed than gas stoves.
2. What is the main difference between electrical cooking stoves as well as induction stoves?
The electric stove uses coils for heating and is built upon the concept of heat exchange. Induction cooktops use electromagnetic waves which directly transform your cooking pans into heating components.
3. What are the top Induction cooking stove brands in India?
Some of the best Induction Cooktop in India are:
4. What are the drawbacks of using induction cooktops?
Induction cooktops can’t be used during power interruptions. In addition, you need to purchase the complete set of cookware and induction cookers for use.
5. What are the benefits of an induction cooktop?
There are many benefits when using technology that uses induction. Let’s look at some of them:
a) Modern and packed with features
The cooktops in the Induction range are considered to be “intelligent” and have interesting features for every day including timers, programming for cooking various kinds of dishes, and fine adjustments of power, among other things. Other features add more versatility to the kitchen appliance Certain models permit you to connect two cooking zones and utilize the two as one unit to cook larger pans.
b) More Safety features
It is the most secure cooktop available for cooking with almost no chance of burns or electric shock. You can put your hands directly on the cooktop’s surface and not feel any anxiety. Did you watch the video before? Yes, it’s magic. Furthermore, the cooking zone is only turned on once the pan is in it.
c) Optimized cooking Experience
Efficiency Since energy is directly transferred onto the stove, it dramatically decreases energy loss, which results in higher efficiency of energy.
d) Less time to prepare food
Induction technology can also make food preparation and preparation quicker than other kinds of stoves.
e) Cleaner and easier to maintain
Since the surface of the cooktop can be cleaned easily, maintaining the cooktop is much easier. To remove mild dirt, a soft cloth soaked in warm water is recommended. For more hefty soils like fat, a neutral cleaner is required alongside the use of a soft cloth and warm water.
f) Energy Saving
An induction cooktop uses about 15 percent more energy than an electric cooktop to boil water.
- g) How to save energy with an Induction cooktop
We’ve said before that when we explained how an induction cooktop functions that it is extremely energy efficient. However, with a little attention, you can improve your energy consumption to the max! Look at:
- Use pans that have a diameter that is equal to the cooking area.
- Make sure you use only flat-bottomed pots.
- If you can, try to make sure the pan is covered during cooking.
- Cook your potatoes, vegetables and so on. with the least amount of water possible to cook them faster.
- A pressure cooker can result in more efficient use of the amount of time required and also energy.
- For the best results, be sure the pot is in the middle of the cooking zone clearly marked on your cooktop.
How do you clean the Induction Cooktop?
It is a flat surface with no conventional burners, making cleaning the surface a lot simpler. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your cooktop is cleaned properly and does not harm your appliances.
- When the surface is cool clean off any food particles and dirt.
- To remove light dirt, soft cloth or sponge that has been soaked with warm water is recommended.
- For soils that are more abrasive such as grease, a neutral cleaning agent should be added alongside a sponge or soft cloth and warm water.
- Make sure you dry completely after cleaning the cooktop.
Important to remember the cooktop must always be cleaned by keeping the glass surface clean in the event of cleaning sugar or other foods that contain sugar. In this instance, the removal must be done using an oven-warm surface, neutral detergent, and an easy sponge.
Which cookware models/types aren’t to be used on your induction cooking cooker?
However, to assist you when purchasing, aside from these pan models which are suitable for use with the induction cooker described above, we are now bringing you models that we don’t recommend making use of:
This kind of material aside from not being sufficiently strong does not work with the manner in which the induction cooker distributes heat inside the pan.
In my opinion, everyone’s requirements are unique and the solution depends a lot on specific needs. If you ask me you may think about buying an induction cooktop since you’ll need to update your cooking equipment.
Induction cooking is becoming popular because it is safe because it doesn’t produce flames, thus avoiding the danger of burns while cooking food. Additionally, it offers more savings on gas, since it does not make use of it.
Thus, switching pans could be beneficial over the long term.
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API