Thinking of that crunchy lip-smacking classic Dosa, wrapped with a sauté of squash, potatoes, and corn with awesome green chutney! I know your mouth must have been all watery now thinking of the taste! Well, the good news is that you can get the exact taste and finesse right at your home. All you need is a great Dosa Tawa and the right ingredients readily available in your kitchen.
In case you are looking for the Best Kadai, you can refer to our detailed article on Best Cast Ion Kadai in India article to get the best recommendations and make a great purchase decision.
Dosa Tawas is now becoming one of the essential cookware in Indian households. In this article I will explain, how did I bought the best dosa Tawa, highlighting features you need to look for some other important purchase points. This should help you buy your quality Dosa Tawa that will get you going.
In case you are looking for skillets and pans You can read our article on Best Cast iron cookware in India article for the best recommendation on cast iron skillets and pans.
Before we go into detail about the merits and demerits of individual dosa Tawa, I will share our top list.
Best Dosa Tawa in India-(Cast Iron and Non-Stick)
Cast iron Dosa Tawa Lists:
1. Meyer Induction Base Cast Iron Tawa Review
- It is completely Toxin-Free and contains no Enamel and chemical coating on the outer or inner surface.
- Comes with a pre-seasoned surface with 100% vegetable oil seasoning
- Since this cast iron is based, we recommend doing regular seasoning to provide an organic, chemical-free non-stick surface that is suitable for cooking low on oil.
- One-piece Uni-body design without screws or welding joints
- made up of Premium cast material so it heats up quickly, uniformly, holds heat for longer, and saves lots of cooking Gas
- It is suitable for all cooktops, including induction. The cooktop comes with a grip made of canvas to allow for easy handling. Lid included
- Price is on the higher side
2. Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware Pre Seasoned Dosa Tawa -Review
- Quality cast iron
- Induction friendly
- pre-seasoned with 100% Ginger Oil
- Cones with a Video link on how to do the proper seasoning for better longevity of the product
- Cast iron requires regular seasoning and may not be for everyone
3. The Indus Valley Pre Seasoned Super Smooth Cast Iron Tawa-Review
- Comes with a smooth surface that will give you a satisfying cooking experience.
- made up of cast iron and is Induction friendly
- It has a long handle for a comfortable grip and effortless handling
- It is pre-seasoned using pure and edible oil so you don’t need to worry about using it for the first time
- Non-coated with harmful chemicals or plastic
- Due to its endurance, it is able to be handed down to the next generation
- It is suitable for gas stoves ovens, gas stoves, and induction
- Check for any manufacturer defect when arrived
4. Prestige Cast Iron Tawa Review
- Uses the best of cast iron and retains heat for a longer duration
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor cooking
- It has a scratch-resistant body and has even heat distribution perfect for making Dosa
- It comes preseasoned using natural oil
- It is an Induction stove and electric stove compatible
- Heavy-duty product and is built to last long, thanks to sturdy construction
- A bit on the heavier side
5. Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Ideal for cutting down on oil and butter use
- Use on gas, electric or induction stovetops
- Increases iron content of food
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Colour: Black, Material: Cast Iron, Shape: Round
- These pans are pre-seasoned using sunflower oil that can be used to make delicious dishes and dosas.
- Made up of Cast iron and his induction as well as traditional cooking top friendly
- Ideal size and weight of 3 Kg, good for Indian family
- Some customers are complaining of quality issue
6. Urbanhouse Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa 12 inches
- Dosa tawa 12-inch Cast Iron with two handle. Easily make crispy round buttery dosa and the ever tempting egg omelette
- NO synthetic material or chemical applied- With simple vegetable oil, seasoning technique helps create a chemical free non-stick surface over a periode of time
- Saves cooking gas:- made by pure cast iron which quickly absorbs heat equally all sides of dosa tawa. Lid Included : No
- It gives more iron to the food & it is easy to clean & maintain
- Two side of handle makes cooking comfortable
7. Dynamic Cookwares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Tawa for Dosa
- Uses machine bases concentric finish to achieve preseasoning that last for years
- Compatible with Induction based, convection ovens, and cooking gas tops
- It uses a heavier pan base for better heat retention for a longer duration
- Can be used to cook from roti, Dosa, to delicious pizza
- A bit higher on price compared to competitor
Non-Stick Aluminium Dosa Tawa Lists
8. Hawkins Futura Q28 Non-Stick Flat Dosa
Hawkins Futura nonstick Tawa Comes from one of the best cookware brands in India. It is currently one of the best dosa tawa if you require a nonstick and not looking for a cast iron-based tawa.
- It has Futura Nonstick tech and uses an application that’s applied to hard anodized surfaces to make it last longer
- This nonstick Tawa is PFOA-free
- It has an extra thick bottom for even heating and better heat retention
- It is a dishwasher safe Tawa, so you don’t need to worry about putting it in to a dishwasher
- Riveted handle – Strong stainless steel rivets
- It is compatible with both electric based and gas cooktops
- Non so far
9. Cello Non-Stick Aluminium Tawa
- Excellent value for money Dosa Tawa
- great Smooth and nonstick surface for the price
- The handle is sturdy and provides ample support when in use
- Thanks to its lightweight it is ideal for daily cooking needs for Rotis and Dosa
- Color is difficult to maintain
- Some People may Prefer a little heavier Pan
10. Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Stick Aluminum Multi Tawa
- Material: Aluminium ; Size: Multi Tawa (31cm); Base type: Non Induction Base; Base thickness: 4mm; Included components: 1 Non-stick Multi Tawa; Colour: Black
- Warranty: 1 Year; Included in warranty: Manufacturing Defect; Not included in warranty: Damages due to usage of the product
- For any issues, please contact_us on: [1800 425 66666]
- 3 Layer non stick coating from greblon
- Extra thick base to avoid warping
- This Pigeon tawa does not contain harmful chemicals like PFOA and is safe to use for cooking
- Contains a triple-layer Stonehenge coating for a better nonsticky surface
- It is a metal spoon friendly surface so you don’t need to worry about occasional scratches
- Comes with a good sturdy handle
- None so far
11. Vinod Zest Non-Stick Ceramic Flat Multi Tawa
- This Nonstick Tawa is PFOA Free and does not contain any toxic coatings
- Made up of 100% Virgin Aluminium to ensure even heat distribution, which means food doesn’t burn
- Company claims of using a triple-layered with Swiss technology, non-stick coating that is scratch-proof and last longer
- Uses quality rivets on handles to ensure that handles stay in place for a long time.
- Uses virgin Bakelite handles that are ideal, heat resistant, and designed to fit your palm curve
- It has a flat surface and few customers are complaining of bent
Best Dosa Tawa Buying Guide | Features of Dosa Tawa
Gas & Induction Compatible
Many Indian households now own Induction cooktops. Plan your Tawa buy accordingly which gives you convenient cooking options. Select a pan base that allows you to cook on both gas and induction cook-tops.
Always look for quality non-stick Tawas as will help you cook that great oil-free Dosa. What we also suggest is to go with a toughened hard-anodized surface if you are a frequent user. Toughened hard anodized coatings last longer compared to a normal coating.
The thickness of any utensil will tell you about the quality of the product. Do a simple go to market and look for cheaper variants, let’s say you went to Dmart, you will find that all cheaper Tawas or any utensils for that matter will be quite thinner and lighter. We recommend at least 4mm of minimum thickness for any quality Tawa. A thicker Tawa will also get heated quite uniformly and will prevent unnecessary burns that you might have experienced in your foods.
Since we are talking about mostly making dishes such as Dosas and uttapams we recommend using a Tawa which is flat enough to evenly spread your batter. if your Tawa has the right amount of curve you will not face oil does spills, which are quite unsafe when cooking on gas or other open flame cooktops.
Handles and Rivet Quality
You might have experienced a wobbling Tawa, that’s because rivets are of not top quality. Your Tawa handle might also feel flimsy if you have not purchased a quality product. A premium Tawa should give you a sense of strong ease to operate. This will only come from a quality stainless steel rivet firmly attached to the handle shank ensuring a wobble-free experience
look for at least 1 year of warranty on your Tawa. All major brands should provide you with 1 year of warranty.
Country of Origin
You know it right. Always go for made-in-India products especially if you are buying nonstick Tawa.
Cast Iron Dosa Tawa Vs Non-Stick Aluminum Dosa Tawa
In my opinion, cast iron-based dosa Tawa are in trend given the fact that they may full fill some of the required iron content in your food. we have covered cast iron benefits in detail here in a dedicated article ” Best Cast Iron Cookware India” where we have listed some of the other cast iron co0kware you should buy.
Now Non-Stick Tawa has its own benefits such as they do not require seasoning and are comparatively easy to maintain. You will consume less oil if you cook in non-stick meaning a much healthier food than cooking in other Tawas.
How to Maintain a Dosa Tawa
In case you are using a nonsticky i.e a coating-based tawa. Always remember
- Do not use a sharp object such as a knife to scratch and clean the surface
- Avoid Steel wool scrubbing while cleaning
- Avoid high heat ( High heat is only fine for cast iron-based Tawas)
- Do not store food longer in Tawa
- Avoid cooking more acidic foods
Dosa Tawa Faqs
#best cast iron dosa Tawa
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API